IT Troubleshooting Tips
List of Troubleshooting Tips
YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT RESPONDING
- Make sure other applications you are using are not having the same issue.
- Check with your colleagues to see if they are having the same issue as you are.
- Closeout the application and quit/force the application. You can do this by holding “Ctrl”+”Alt”+”Delete” then selecting “Task Manager” then select the application from the list then hit “End Task”.
- If this does not resolve your issue, try rebooting your system as well.
- If that does not work, contact our help desk at 512.522.3991
YOUR MAC IS RUNNING SLOW
- If your mac is running slow, you can view what is running on your Mac to see if it is slowing your computer down. Go to “Finder”, then select “Utilities” under the “Go” menu and select “Activity Monitor”.
- If that does not work, then the fact your system is running out of storage could cause this issue. To figure out how much storage your system has, go to the Apple menu and click “About This Mac”. Then click the “Storage” tab to see how much free space is left on your system.
- If this does not work, then reset “NVRAM/PRAM” on your system. To do this, shutdown your Mac completely and then turn you Mac back on and them immediately hold down the “Option + “Command” + “P” and “R” keys. Do not release these keys until you hear the startup sound twice or see the Apple logo is gone for the second time.
If this does not work, then contact our help desk at 512.522.3991
YOUR WINDOWS COMPUTER IS RUNNING SLOW
- Check Task Manager to see if there are any programs or “Processes” that are using up too many resources. To do this, select “Ctrl + Alt + Delete” at the same time. Then click on “Task Manager” and check to see if you have any programs or processes running that you are not using. If you see any, then select “End Process”.
- Another issue that could be causing your system to be running slow is your Windows system is running out of space. To check your storage usage, go to “File Explorer” under the “Start Menu”. In the left hand side of the menu, select “This PC” or “My Computer”. Under “Devices and Drivers, you will be able to see all of the devices and what storage is available for each space.
- If this does not work, then reboot your system to see if this helps.
- If this does not work, then contact our Help Desk at 512.522.3991
EXTERNAL MONITOR CONNECTED TO MY LAPTOP WILL NOT DISPLAY
If you use a laptop with a docking station, then make sure your laptop is properly docked and then reboot your system.
WIFI(WIRELESS)IS NOT WORKING
If your wireless connection is not working, then press “FN + “F5” to turn the WiFi radio on. Some laptops have a physical WiFi switch on the side that can be pressed/slid to turn on the WiFi connection on.
UNABLE TO CONNECT VIA VPN
- Restart your VPN software
- If that does not work, double-check your internet connection is actually working. Open up your browser and surf to other websites to check this.
- If you have antivirus on your laptop that has a local firewall, disable this. If you do not have a local firewall, then restart your home router/firewall and see if this resolves your issue.
- Sometimes updates can affect your software so if you know how, try re-installing your VPN software.
- If your issues persists then please contact our help desk at 512.522.3991
“Nsite Solutions provides great quality of service and excellent customer service. Any IT issues are always resolved quickly with minimal downtime and disruption. We can count on Nsite to get the job done and we have peace of mind knowing our technical needs are taken care of. No matter the time or day, they are available to assist. The employees are knowledgeable and easy to work with!”
“I was fortunate enough to align my business with Nsite over 6 years ago. Over that time, they have been an integral part of our growth as we have moved locations and added people and machinery. Their ability to listen to what we need and then develop and implement a plan that always fits our needs and solves our problems is unparalleled. I cannot imagine the last 6 years without their assistance and patience.”
“Nsite has been a tremendous resource for Lilly & Company. When we contracted with Nsite to manage our IT and expanding technology needs, they made it seamless between multiple offices and a growing team. They were hyper responsive, patient, professional and have continued be an all-around A Team! We look forward to a long relationship.”
“Our organization greatly relies on NSite Solutions’ team members. Their support response rate is extremely quick and they follow-up after resolution to make sure we are taken care of. We feel secure that our IT needs & concerns are met using up-to-date industry best practices as well as custom solutions when needed. We consider them as part of our team which helps drive our business’s success.”
“So many IT firms care more about the ticket and don’t establish a relationship with the client like Nsite has with my firm. They understood our business and worked with us on best decisions to do our job instead of trying to make us work for technology. I highly recommend Nsite as a professional, caring group of very smart people that we have stayed with as I have grown the company. That is what I want in my relationship with our IT providers.”
“Nsite Solutions has been our go to IT company for years. We have always received responsive & personalized service with every problem we had. They always go above and beyond to make sure that everything is to the highest & most efficient standards. As our company has grown, Nsite has handled the growth & change without missing a beat. They are the best!”
“Nsite has excellent customer service, and they are prompt to fix issues. Everyone on their team has rolled through our offices at one point, and we have never been disappointed. To save on business insurance, we recently had a 3rd party audit our IT solutions from a security perspective. They did not find any faults, gaps or make a recommendation for changes.”
“We have been glad to have Nsite a part of our team since we founded our firm. We appreciate both the strategic planning as well as on-going support that Nsite provides.”
Cathleen C. Slack
“In 2017 we had one week to get our office equipped with internet, phones, and cable. I was referred to Nsite, who came in and hit the ground running. They encountered a few obstacles with the building but through their connections got us up and running. We started the following Monday with no hiccups. We have since moved all our IT needs their management and have never looked back.”
“We have trusted all of our company’s IT needs with Nsite for 10 years. They have an extremely knowledgeable team and provide seamless remote support/troubleshooting. We have yet to run into an issue they cannot solve quickly.”
Leave the tech to us, focus on your business
Phone: (512) 522.3991
P.O. Box 861 Austin, TX 78767